Senior Catering Event Producer
Off the Grid’s Senior Catering Event Producer is a full-time position, which drives our catering event operations in client and guest experience in the planning and on-site execution of our mobile events throughout the Bay Area. The individual in this role will be a key stakeholder in nurturing and growing the client relationship, having high impact on retention and repeat events. This Event Producer works closely with Off the Grid’s Sales Team and Account Executives to ensure a smooth transition throughout the client’s journey from their initial contact through the close of their event and is responsible for managing the client relationship by providing a high level of expertise in events, specifically with food and beverage, event logistics, and onsite production. As the Sr Catering Event Producer, this role leads a team of Catering Event Producers and directly reports into the Head of Operations.
Charismatic and motivated, the ideal candidate believes in emphasizing customer service and relationship building. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, mentor, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment, continuous change, and lead improvements to systems and processes. They are logistically minded, organized, and extremely detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills. They handle pressure with efficiency and grace, changing gears quickly in order to respond well to client requests. The Event Operations team is a group of individuals passionate about providing our customers with exciting and innovative catering offerings and unique event experiences. They enjoy collaborating with a team as well as working independently in the office and onsite at events.
This is a full-time position that requires a Monday-Friday schedule with occasional nights and weekends as necessary to support the production of our catering events and primarily works out of our Fort Mason Center office and Pier 19 Warehouse in San Francisco.
- Oversee the design and execution of full production plans for onsite and offsite services to include budgets, event experience design, catering, rentals, production schedules, timelines and floor plans.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, creative, and production teams to project manage sold events from inception through on-site execution and post-project wrap-up.
- Maintain record of event and department-related expenses
- Develop layout of small and large-scale events with focus on aesthetic, flow and functionality
- Ensure flawless execution, quality of service and timely delivery of all necessary components, properties, and materials for each event, on-site.
- Collaborate with Creators and Vendors, both in-house and 3rd party, to efficiently and respectfully deliver services.
- Build relationships with existing talent, partners and stakeholders maintaining the brand status of excellent service, client satisfaction while focusing on increased sales opportunities.
- Enforce third party compliance with license, insurance, City and Fire Codes, and other permitting requirements
- Produce large-scale, complex events such as multi-day events and conferences
- Work with the Accounting team and support client on planning, execution and post-event reporting. Maintain consistent and thorough communication with all involved.
- Negotiate contracts/agreements with 3rd party vendors and team contractors.
- Create and maintain a project plan, timeline and budget for each event and increase revenue through planning and managing vendor contracts to fall within budget.
- Typical project scope responsibilities include: the development and management of resources, staffing, signage and menu development, décor, permitting, food & beverage, and graphics.
- Develops and tracks project schedules, agendas and event flows as needed.
- Develop and manage customer expectations by providing clear communication, hospitality, and professionalism
- Maintain relationships with high value customer contacts, creating repeat business
- Proactively address and escalate customer complaints and concerns and engage in client recovery meetings, on case by case basis
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 4+ years of full-time event planning and/or catering logistics experience
- Management Experience: 1+ years
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Computer/Software Applications:Proficient experience in Excel and Google Sheets is required. Experience in Salesforce or similar CRM system, SocialTables, Google Suite, and Canva are a plus,
- Travel Required (%): up to 50%
- Skills: Event planning and/or catering production, management
- Other: Must have a reliable source of transportation to and from home, office, and events
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities frequently occur inside and occasionally outside.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. In addition, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Off the Grid Diversity Statement: Off the Grid is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values differences among our associates, customers, vendors, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. Our continued success and growth is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout the company and our communities. Off the Grid is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We hope you will consider joining our team!
Location: Pier 19 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94111
For full consideration for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter.